Marketing Automation includes many features and capabilities that simplify the lives of marketers. Using Marketing Automation, marketers at smaller companies are able to accomplish the work of a much larger marketing department.
What is Marketing Automation?
The options and features that Marketing Automation offers range from sending a few targeted emails to a full-blown solution (that might cost $2k/month) and not only automates your marketing, but does your dishes and puts your kids to bed every other Wednesday.
Here is a list of the most common features and tools found in most Marketing Automation solutions:
The Six Key Elements of Marketing Automation:
- Email (a.k.a. lead) Capture – Accomplished using opt-in forms that run from a single field (typically email address) in low-touch sales, to 15 or more fields (name, company, email, phone, job title, size of company, etc.) in high-touch/enterprise sales scenarios.
- Lead Nurturing via Email Marketing – Sending a personalized sequence of emails to educate and build trust. Often the emails and sequences are chosen based on that person’s interactions with your website.
- List Management – The ability to segment your subscribers and send offers targeted to whoever they are and what they may have done with you.
- Web Analytics – Usually integrated into lead scoring (the next number), it’s helpful to know what a person is doing on your website in order to determine how likely they are to buy. For example, if someone downloads three reports and attended a webinar, they are more likely to buy than someone who only signed up for blog updates.
- Lead Scoring – Provides a score, often 1-100, telling how ready a person is to make a purchase. In high-touch sales, higher scoring leads are typically assigned to sales agents who make phone calls and send one-to-one emails.
- CRM – Customer Relationship Management which, contrary to it’s name, typically has nothing to do with “customers” and everything to do with following up and closing a sale. This is the section that shows a sales agent who to contact next.
As you’d expect, some Marketing Automation software offers more features than the above. As you begin to evaluate different marketing automation solutions you will see additional features from each marketing automation provider, such as landing pages and online shopping carts.
The core purpose of Marketing Automation is to engage and nurture leads over a period of time, until they are ready to make a purchase, then (in high-touch situations) handing the lead off to a human being to close the sale.
In low-touch/lower-price scenarios, it’s quite possible that no human will be involved aside from the lead who will purchase using a “buy now” button on your website.
Marketing Automation Solutions and Providers
In the long list of software options that can help your business, Marketing Automation should be near the top. It has become one of the most in-demand tools for marketing professionals. Marketing Automation helps companies turn leads into customers and grow sales from existing customers.
There are a number of different marketing automation tools that Cloud Co-Op recommends: Eloqua, Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot. Choosing the tool that is best for your business is a critical first step in the process of establishing a well-defined Marketing Automation plan.
Determining the best marketing automation platform for your company depends on a multitude of variables. But it does not have to be hard. Fill out the form below or Contact Cloud Co-Op today and set up a time to discuss your business development, marketing and sales process. We will work with you to determine the marketing automation solution that is right for you.
* These fields are required.
Quick Start Your Marketing Automation Implementation
Cloud Co-Op offers a Quick Start Onboarding Package designed to get your new marketing automation solution integrated with your website and other marketing and sales assets quickly. Contact us for additional details or fill out the form above so we can reach out to you and discuss your best options.